Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Episode 4 Knits!

DEBBIE MUMM YARN!

Okay, so I couldn't resist this yarn - It was on clearance at JoAnn's...
I mean, come on - 143 yards for $2.97, I think I'd get shot if I passed THAT up!



FIRST PAIR OF 'MAGIC LOOP' SOCKS!
"By Joe, I think she's got it!"
These are being done in that yarn I told you about, from the Shepherd's Harvest Festival. It kind of reminds me of those "Bomb Pops" you get at the fair. Well, I think I could have cast on more, these are going to be more like ankle socks - which is fine - that's closer to what I wear anyway.


BEGINNING OF THE BSJ!
This is how far I got after the first class - not too shabby considering I tore it out a few times.
It took me a while to get gauge for the newborn size (6 stitches to an 1"). I ended up going from a size 7 to a size 3! Well, I think the Noro Silk Garden (#243) looks rather rich.


WASHCLOTHS FOR GRANDMA

"Are these for me, mommy?"
I'm afraid not, Loki...
Unfortunately, you can't really see the designs in the pictures...bah....
Peach color is a Tulip, the Blue is a Hummingbird and flower, the Yellow is a Sunflower and the Red one is a Cardinal on a branch.